Nothing Recovered, Nothing Owed.

For any parent, having your child involved in a car crash is particularly frightening. In addition to your own injuries, you must watch helplessly as your child experiences pain and you may feel anxiety about whether he or she or he has suffered permanent injuries. You want to be sure your child recovers the maximum possible damages while avoiding the stresses associated with bringing a lawsuit. We can help.

The Gumprecht Law Firm regularly represents families in personal injury claims. We recognize that your family is relying on a strong settlement to give your injured child the best opportunities for recovery and to improve their quality of life. We put your children’s needs first as we pursue the maximum compensation they deserve, ensuring they do not have to deal with any aspect of the lawsuit process directly.

We have a track record of success that has earned us membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and a Top 100 placement by the National Trial Lawyers. We are available to help your family 24/7.

Statute of Limitations for Minors

Whereas adults have two years bring a lawsuit after a car accident, the statute of limitations tolls until minors reach their 18th birthday. However, you should not wait to file your claim. First, the provisions of your insurance policy likely give you much less time to file an insurance claim. Also, the burden of proof becomes substantially more difficult the longer you wait to pursue damages against an at-fault driver.

Guardian Ad Litem

A court may appoint a guardian ad litem to represent your child’s interests in a personal injury claim. A guardian ad litem is independent of the attorney you retain to negotiate a settlement agreement or litigate your case in court. The guardian ad litem reviews the facts of the case and recommends to the court whether to approve the settlement. A guardian ad litem may be helpful when both the parent and child are negotiating a settlement for damages.

Structured Settlement

Reasonably, parents may not want to hand over thousands of dollars to their minor children. Fortunately, you can structure a settlement to pay your child in installments at predetermined dates. For example, the structured settlement might pay a lump sum to cover the cost of your child’s college tuition and then pay another lump sum after graduation. We will help you determine if this is the right option for your family.

Special Needs Trust

If your child was severely injured, he or she may be entitled to Social Security disability benefits. However, a large personal injury settlement can put these crucial benefits in jeopardy. A special needs trust is an instrument that allows the injured child access to funds to pay for certain non-necessity expenses that can improve their quality of life. We assist you in setting up this document if in your child’s best interests to do so.

Learn More About How Our Georgia Car Accidents Law Firm Can Help Your Family

Call our Georgia car accidents law firm at 678-800-1050 to learn more about your child’s rights and options after a car crash. Attorney Gumprecht is just a phone call away, accessible 24/7. The Gumprecht Law Firm offers free initial consultations and handles your claim on contingency, so you do not owe attorneys’ fees until your child recovers damages.